- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Graduate Supportability Engineer
Our client are a consultancy offering supportability engineering to the MoD. They are seeking a graduate level engineer to join them in their Reading offices.
Reporting to the Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Lead Engineer, you will assist in delivering all elements of ILS across the various projects at various stages of project life cycle, with a focus on In-Service Support. As you progress through the Graduate Scheme, you will learn and develop skills and knowledge relating to all key aspects of ILS including Supportability Engineering and Analysis, Supply Support and Technical Publications. You will develop an understanding of the linkages to other project areas and will be required to interface with external work streams on all aspects of ILS. There will be occasions you will be required to travel to attend meetings at customer sites - typically same day return within the UK.
Whilst gaining experience in these key areas you will further develop your skills by utilising your gained knowledge to progress through applicable training courses, such as the MOD's Technical Through Life Support (TTLS) courses with the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom heading towards Practitioner level of certification in ILS. As you develop, your focus will change from supporting the Lead Engineers to taking a more prominent and self-reliant role with increased responsibilities. Long term, this position will provide a crucial foundation for a career path heading to Lead Engineering, Management, and beyond.
The Graduate Supportability Engineer role provides support to the Lead Engineers on various projects for the range of equipment and software applications associated with the various system architectures associated with the Programmes, and has the responsibility to:
- Liaise with staff and customers throughout the programme to ensure that ILS Principles are adopted and understood;
- Be responsible for the implementation of the Integrated Support Plan (ISP), liaising with the appropriate internal departments in respect of Training, Initial Provisioning, Obsolescence and Technical Publications;
- Participate in the creation and upkeep of contractual ILS documentation;
- Participate in the development of Supportability Analysis activities of the programme;
- Assist in the development of ILS / Engineering solutions to Requests for Change (RFC);
- Identify and manage Supportability Risks internally and understand project risks that impact the ILS work stream or deliverables;
- Deputise for the ILS Lead Engineer where required, particularly in cases of sickness or holiday.
- Produce and maintain ILS Element Plans, inclusive of the ISP;
- Undertake Supportability Analysis utilising Engineering Analysis Techniques such as Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and Level of Repair Analysis (LORA);
- Manage ILS deliverables across projects which will include Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS), Spares Modelling, Codification and Technical Publications;
- Attendance at Service Reviews and Service Management Working Groups;
- Undertaking Impact Assessments for RFCs ensuring that the Support Solution is tailored to project requirements.
Qualifications and Attributes
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Qualified to degree level in an Engineering, Maths, Physics or IT based discipline or with equivalent relevant experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to use MS Office;
- Able to achieve SC level UK security clearance;
- Full UK driving license and access to a car.
- Knowledge of ITIL would be an advantage;
- Understanding of MS Excel analysis techniques.
Summary of Key Attributes:
- Self motivated - swiftly becoming familiar with complex systems, and ability to work without close supervision
- Time management - organise and prioritise workload and deliverables
- Communication skills - both written and verbal
- Professional attitude - interaction with both internal and external customers
- Creativity - initiate new and alternative solutions and processes
- Proactive - identify opportunities and areas for improvement
- Positive - eager for new challenges presented by the business
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.