- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Highway Design Engineer
Our client is seeking three Senior Highway Design Engineers to lead the design and implementation of schemes, this will include the planning, programming, commercial and contractual requirements of such.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of highway design schemes, and to ensure that designs meet contractual requirements. You will support our client's objectives and maintain a strong relationship based on trust and integrity, and effectively manage engineers, graduates and apprentices to deliver capital delivery across contracts in compliance with the objectives of Safety, People, Business Performance, CSR and Client Services.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in NEC £ Contracts
- Minimum 5 years' experience leading projects.
- Membership or actively working towards attainment of I.Eng or C.Eng.
- Experience of design of a range of highway related projects in accordance to DMRB.
- Experience of use of computer aided design software, including AutoCAD, Civils 3D, MX.
- Experience in, ensuring effective use of fee earning time for design work and agreed margins are met for design and construction tasks.
- Good understanding of the relevant legislation/legal framework, including highway and traffic authority powers, duties and functions.
- Good understanding of the transport issues affecting London's road network and of the management and operation of a road network.
- Good knowledge of traffic management and traffic signals operation, road and highway layout design and analysis.
- Good decision making and problem solving ability. Output and outcome oriented with excellent organisational skills for self and team members.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.