- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Software Engineer.
This is an immediate start for a Principal Software (Embedded) Engineer to join an established company to work across the Software Functions.
The successful Principal Software Engineer will have strong Embedded Software ( C) experience to work across the companies safety critical product range.
You would be working in a team of up to around 6 engineers with hands on software exposure across a broad range of products, as well as leadership and mentoring responsibilities.
- To provide technical expertise and guidance to projects and more junior engineers within skill area.
- Responsible for technical management of a small team of engineers
- Ensure timely delivery to customers
- Ensure quality output from software design engineers
- To mentor and coach more junior engineers
- To provide technical supervision and review in their skill area
- To manage technical risk in their area within allocated projects
- Contributes ideas towards company strategy
- To support the engineering management team as required
- To support bids and projects as required by the Engineering Manager
- To resolve technical problems associated with assigned products
- Strive to continuously improve the processes and work instructions which they use
- To carry out engineering activity in accordance with engineering procedures
- To support the preparation and updating of project plans for assigned projects
- Support the recruitment as required by the Engineering Manager
- Responsible for assisting project leaders to deliver, attending project review meetings as required
- Provide adequate constructive challenge in design reviews to identify and mitigate any key issues
- Build and maintain excellent internal and external customer relationships
- Monitor work performed by the team to ensure that high technical standards are achieved within timescales and budget
- Prepare reports for internal and external use
- Keep up to date with new developments within the market place to ensure the company remains at the cutting edge
- Prepare and deliver presentations as required
- Be prepared to travel to support current and future products on customers sites around the world
- There may be additional activities to perform from time to time in order to maximise the contribution to Ultra Electronics Precision Control Systems goals and objectives (include in all to capture any other duties not stated)
- Be familiar with design and analysis and test techniques for safety critical real time
- Be familiar with Aerospace standards such as DO178.
- Be conversant with configuration control
- Extensive experience with all parts of the software lifecycle
- Be conversant with safety and certification requirements for aerospace software
- Be familiar with the responsibilities of acting as a Compliance Verification Engineer
- Be able and willing to participate and organise product investigations resulting from aircraft incidents
- Experience with formal requirements and verification
- Exposure and experience with some of the following is required:
- Familiarity with Electronic systems
- Familiarity with system design practice
- Electronics/Systems Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Extensive experience of software design in a safety critical environment
All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearence.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.