- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our leading aerospace client that design and integrate aircraft engine nacelle systems have an opportunity for a Design Engineer at their facility in Burnley, Lancashire.
To design and develop products that are cost effective, high quality, not complex to manufacture / service and that meet the requirements of the associated Customer / Technical specifications. To support manufacturing in problem solving, dispositioning and taking corrective actions.
- Work collaboratively with your stakeholders to meet their needs and foster a culture of Great Place to Work.
- To support the in service department in the definition of repair solutions relating to In Service problems.
- To support Spares in the resolution of design related problems.
- Provide excellent quality products and superior service to your stakeholders.
- To investigate potential design solutions for new components / assemblies and modifications to existing components / assemblies.
- To optimise the design solution selected for each component / assembly, based on the correct balance of cost, quality, manufacturability, serviceability and performance.
- To provide evidence of design compliance with Customer / Technical specifications.
- To produce engineering schemes, models and drawings for components / assemblies in line with the requirements of the Programme.
- To produce supplementary drawing sheets (e.g. Nomenclatures).
- To provide structured problem solving (8D) support to manufacturing areas and to resolve any identified design issues.
- To provide dispositions to manufacturing non conformances and to define repair solutions where necessary.
- To complete design related Corrective Actions resulting from manufacturing non conformances.
- To work rigorously to Safran group procedures.
- To support the preparation of engineering changes and to provide design rationale for / against the Engineering Change.
- To provide design inputs to Technical Reviews
Candidate skills & requirements
- Experience in Computer Aided Design, utilising CATIA and/or CADDS5 Essential
- Knowledge of Composite and Metallic structures and materials Essential
- Knowledge of Design principles and material selection Essential
- Knowledge of Tolerance management
- Good understanding of stress principles
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes and techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time and priority management skills
- Intermediate Planning and Organisation skills
- HND qualification/B Eng degree (or equivalent); or equivalent relevant experience
- French Language Skills while beneficial isn't essential
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.