- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Systems Engineer.
This is the opportunity to join a highly established Engineering Company as a Principal Systems Engineer (Electronics, Hardware or Software) to work across the full Systems lifecycle.
You will join an Engineering Business providing solutions across a range of military, civil and related high integrity systems.
The Principal Systems Engineer will have both technical Systems and leadership responsibilities, such as leading all project engineering activities.
- Leadership of a cross-functional engineering team made up of Systems Engineers Hardware Engineers and Software Engineers.
- Managing the planning and execution of engineering activities; including the development of plans, schedules, procedures and work instructions.
- Identify and manage project opportunities and technical risks and develop mitigation strategies for pursuit throughout all phases.
- Monitoring and controlling the engineering team's performance on an ongoing basis, to identify issues and opportunities early to enable pro-active action.
- Stakeholder and customer engagement. Being the technical point of contact with the customer and subcontractors.
- Ensure that the project resource requirements, to meet current and future needs, are identified.
- Working closely with the Design Authority to drive the proactive resolution of technical, programme issues and/or resource problems and conflicts to a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable.
- Ensuring all programme engineering activities are developed or supported in accordance with the company processes and procedures. This includes, but not limited to: Product safety, design for manufacture, quality, development practices and guidelines.
- Being the main presenter at the engineering/support life-cycle reviews along with providing project progress reports and report of the project teams performance.
- Managing the acquisition, maintenance and allocation of all project engineering assets including design tools, test equipment and any trials hardware.
- Support the establishment of a continuous improvement system and culture within the team, backed with the implementation of a lessons observed, lessons learned and best practices system.
- Management of the production of all technical documentation
- Seeking opportunities to improve project/sub-system delivery performance. This may be achieved through identifying scope changes, more efficient method of working, different resourcing models or process changes
- Relevant engineering degree and/or equivalent expertise in Electronics, Hardware, Software or Systems.
- Able to Travel within the UK and overseas, at short notice and on a regular basis. Potential for relocation to Australia.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
For more information please get in touch.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.