- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Permanent opportunity for an Economics Specialist to join our independent planning consultancy client in central London.
As the Economics Specialist, you will report to the Associate Director responsible for socio-economic, community engagement and research work. Our client has a strong interest in using high quality economic research and analysis in order to support their clients in making the case for development.
In the position of Economics Specialist, you will demonstrate your strong analytical skills as you scope projects and review quantitative and qualitative data, with the ability to conceptualise and present economic benefits. You too shall have persuasive writing skills and be confident in managing clients, forging successful relationships, with drive and determination to see projects through from start to finish.
Key work as the Economics Specialist shall involve:
- Undertake economic analysis to support a wide range of socio-economic projects. This work will include: assessing the economic footprint of existing and proposed development; assessing the socio-economic effects of major developments which are subject to Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA); evaluating the economic potential of sites for which the development parameters have yet to be determined; and preparing economic statements to support planning applications;
- Build economic and social baselines, using socio-economic indicators to develop a baseline which reveals the key economic strengths and weaknesses of a local area;
- Developing a socio-economic baseline product refining the existing variable list of key socio-economic indicators so that it can be exported to an attractive Excel report suitable for client use;
- Business development, playing a leading role in identifying new socio-economic business opportunities
Candidates could be planners with experience of assessing socio-economic impacts or an economist with experience of the planning system.
Our client is offers benefits including:
23 days per annum, plus one day per year employed up to a maximum of 29 days per annum
1 day company holiday per annum (generally 24 December)
Gym Membership (£25 net per month contribution only)
Discretionary Annual Bonus (dependant on the performance of the company and the individual's contribution to the company's success)
To discuss this opportunity confidentially please call Michael Mustoe on 01489 898854. To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.