- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Test and Development Engineer
Prestigious global vehicle manufacturer requires Test Engineers and Test Technicians to support future vehicle development.
Test & Development
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting whole bike practical tests according to company standard test procedures.
- The instrumentation of development motorcycles, including the fitment of sensors and data logging equipment.
- Providing technical support during both in-house and off-site test sessions.
- Analysing recorded data to check for accuracy and consistency.
- Using existing measuring techniques to satisfy instrumentation requirements.
- Identify new techniques and continually improve procedures and processes for data acquisition and analysis.
- Design custom wiring looms and bespoke electronics circuits for testing purposes.
- General maintenance of measurement equipment.
- Design of automated test rigs.
Qualifications and Attainments
BEng Electrical / Electronic engineering or have an HND level qualification and proven relevant experience.
Professional Experience and Skills
Proficient in Microsoft packages including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Knowledge of CAN communication and familiarity with tools such as CANalyser / CANoe (or similar).
Excellent trouble shooting skills.
Experience with MATLAB / FAMOS or other data analysis packages.
Previous experience of working within an automotive / manufacturing / industrial environment.
Personality and Motivation
Self-motivated and resilient.
Flexible and adaptable.
Able to take instruction and work under pressure to tight deadlines and agreed timescales.
Excellent communication skills, clear and concise written and verbal skills.
Logical approach to problem solving
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.