- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Matchtech are currently working with one of largest regulated water companies and have an exciting new opportunity for a Design Manager to join their team in Coventry or Derby.
Are you looking to lead a creative engineering design team?
Our Client are doing something awesome at the moment, as they are bringing our design engineering back in-house. This exciting change means that they have opportunities at both of their design hubs, in Derby and Coventry, for you to come and join us as a Design Manager.
Our Client are looking for someone to lead the successful delivery of a variety of different projects, in both Infrastructure and Treatment, across Waste and Water.
You'll have the opportunity to be part of something brand new, helping them to develop new ways of working, and building the future of design. You'll need to have technical appreciation for design and specifications, as well as the ability to engage your team, key contract partners and regulators.
As a Design Manager, our client would expect you to:
- Lead a team of up to 6-8 Design Engineers and Assistant Design Engineers.
- Collaborate with other departments within Severn Trent, to ensure our customers' needs are met, as well as their own requirements are understood.
- Optimise and budget resources you'll ensure our designs are cost-efficient, and that they put Health and Safety at the centre of each design decision.
- As you may need to visit sites across their region, a full UK driving license is essential.
What is our client looking for?
As a Design Manager you'll have a background as a hands-on designer. As well as this, you will have lead a team in the delivery of technical solutions, have great communication skills, and a real passion for innovation.
Water industry experience would be great, however, if you have worked in similar industries, such as Pharmaceutical, Petrochemical or Aerospace, you will definitely have transferrable skills.
How will they reward you?
Our Client has a comprehensive benefits package which include:
- 28 days annual leave, with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days per year.
- A market-leading defined contribution scheme - where they will double any contributions you make (up to a maximum of 15% of your salary).
- An all-employee bonus based on company performance.
- A chance to save up to £500 per month for three or five years, with the option to buy our clients shares at a discounted rate.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Did you know that just 9% of young people would consider a career in construction?
That’s the recent finding of a survey by giant housing association L&Q, which surveyed 1,095 16 to 18-year-olds about th...