- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Major Projects Manager
Our client based in Kent are looking for an experienced Town Planner who can take on a range of major applications as well as manage a small team of Planners. Our client is looking for someone who can work for an initial period of 6 months.
Our client is looking for an experienced Town Planner who can take on a range of major applications as well as manage a small team of Planners.
The client has provided the following job description, but has explained that whilst it would be ideal, they don't expect to secure someone who satisfies all the criteria below. The most important element of this role is extensive major applications experience, followed by some managerial/mentoring experience.
PURPOSE OF JOB
To lead in the delivery of this Council's development management services relating to major planning applications and corporate schemes, also incorporating, section 106 monitoring and heritage, landscape and design. Being the principle source of technical expertise on major developments thereby ensuring that major planning applications are of the desired quality.
- To manage the Major Applications team
- The 'go to' person for development, planning officers, Councillors etc. on major development proposals.
- Regularly presenting and being a lead officer at Planning Committee and occasional attendance at other planning related meetings such as the Strategic Planning, Sustainability and Transport Committee, parish council meetings etc.
- Managing public inquiries and some informal hearings in relation to Major applications.
- To be the principal technical support to the Development Manager, in particular, the operation of the project management of major planning applications. To refine, if need be, project management systems and planning performance agreements.
- Implementation of high quality major development in order to identify successful templates and learn lessons.
- Signing off planning applications, reports and correspondence etc. as appropriate.
- Giving professional advice to councillors, internal sections, the public, the media and other stakeholders etc. on major development proposals in order to maintain and enhance the reputation of the planning service.
- Managing the monitoring of Section 106 contributions and their reporting.
- Range of experience in development management and planning.
- Experience of dealing with major S106 Agreements.
- Experience of working constructively with councillors and experience of political sensitivities.
- Specific experience in assessing design quality and shaping design quality.
- Collegiate working i.e. consensus building through communication with stakeholders.
- Specific experience in assessing viability reports submitted by developers.
- Breadth of experience in dealing with all aspects of town and country planning.
- Experience of working within an embedded management and performance culture.
- Experience of managing a team.
This contract has been confirmed as inside IR35.
The contract will run for 6 months and rates will range from £45 - £60/h ltd/umbrella, depending on experience.
How to Apply or for more Information:
There are three simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Poppy Dugan directly on 01489898804
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Town Planning industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.