- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Quality Engineer
My client is committed to creating technologies to improve efficiency, emissions and performance in all types of vehicles.
We are now looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join the team, working in a permanent role.
The successful candidate will support the development and continuous improvement of the quality system in line with the IATF16949 standard, and to meet automotive OEM requirements. They will be a part of the Quality Assurance Team and will represent the department on development projects, interfacing with internal teams, customers and suppliers, ensuring that project quality requirements are met. They will also involve supporting the supply chain function in developing a supply base that is world class and that uses improvement techniques consistent with the requirement of the business.
- Maintain and develop QMS and EMS to provide appropriate information, measurement, review and continual improvement
- Ensure international standards and regulatory compliance (IATF16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO45001, ISO26262)
- Represent the Quality function in project development teams ensuring APQP is followed, and ensuring continuous improvement in product quality
- Manage product launch to meet customer and internal quality targets
- Support continual quality improvement throughout product lifetime, using structured techniques to lead issues to timely resolution
- Improve performance throughout the business and supply chain by implementing best practice techniques.
- Work with other units to manage development projects, and implement system improvements
- Deputise for Quality Manager as required.
Required Skills and experience:
- Must be Degree qualified
- Automotive 1st tier or OEM experience
- Electronics assembly
- ISO/TS16949 or IATF16949 quality standard
- Use of problem solving tools and techniques (8D, FTA, FMEA)
- Supplier development, APQP or customer quality roles
- Supplier and internal quality auditing experience
- Good computer literacy (MS Office)
- Enthusiastic, flexible and keen approach to learning, etc.
- Structured individual with good problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and able to deal with all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise work accordingly
- Comfortable in a customer facing role, confident and thoughtful
- Must be able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team.
- Flexibility to travel in UK and overseas (both in Europe and intercontinental)
- A Bachelors degree in Engineering or related subject is essential
- Quality specific training/qualifications
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.