- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are a major naval technology business currently seeking an experienced project controller and project planner to join them in their south west London offices
As Project Controller reporting to the UK Defence Business Manager you'll be responsible for project planning, and controlling multi-million pound maritime defence programmes. By developing and mobilising a crucial combination of project management, controls, and financial knowledge, Project Controllers are pivotal in both the successful delivery of our projects and programmes, delivering best value for our customers, and also ensuring that the strategy and performance of the business is delivered.
Required skills & experience:
- Demonstrable financial aptitude, comfortable analysing financial information.
- Advanced user of MS Excel, and usual MS Office Suite
- Good communication (both written/verbal) and listening skills; an enthusiasm to volunteer and share opinions and views with internal and external stakeholders, and an ability to persuade others.
- Understanding of fundamental project management / project business context.
- Ability to communicate with a range of external and internal stakeholders, communicating technical project performance information by adapting the message to the audience, guiding business focus and decision making.
- Ability to quickly adapt to using Earned Value tools (MPM), and usual suite of project planning tools (MS Project)
- Ensure that business processes are adhered to, with an aspiration to continuously improve the status quo.
- Genuine interest in engineering project delivery businesses, and engineering industries.
- To carry out any other reasonable management request
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
Please note for this role all applicants must be eligible for SC security clearance and be a British National (no dual citizenship)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.