- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Software Team Lead
This is the opportunity to join a successful Engineering Company as a Lead Software Engineer to lead a team up to 20 engineers across the Software functions.
The Software Team Lead will provide Leadership and management within a engineering team of 5-20 engineers, across software disciplines such as C/C++/C#, Windows and Linux.
The Software team deliver multiple concurrent research, development and production programmes ranging from tens of £k to several £m.
- Strong software development experience. Software in either C/C++/C#
- Significant experience of at least one of the following; embedded product development (including RTOSes), Windows and Linux application and driver development.
- Previous experience in leadership such as line management, resource management and implementing process improvements.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering practices, methodologies, processes, techniques and technology trends.
- Experience of DOORS, UML and SysML would be advantageous.
- Develop, mentor and lead a team of professional software engineers across embedded RTOS, Windows and Linux platforms in order to provide a capable and multi-skilled team.
- Provide technical direction and exert technical influence across multiple projects, such that the optimal approach, architecture, design, and toolchain are selected.
- Responsible for the design, development and delivery of software for multiple projects to ensure the delivery of high quality software.
- Work closely with the system and software architects to ensure consistency, design for modularity and re-use, and technical excellence.
- Ensure that all work within the software team is of sufficient quality and is carried out according to process, and that the software development and configuration control plans are adhered to.
- Generate and review technical proposals, and provide estimates for the associated effort, costs and risks, for bids and proposals, leading to contract awards.
- Work closely with project management and engineering project leads to create proposals that drive down project costs and increase margin.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
- Degree in an engineering, mathematical or science-based subject desirable.
- Willing and able to obtain, and maintain, DV security clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.