- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client, a leading Aerospace organisation, are currently looking for a Junior Stress Engineer to join their team on an initial 3 month contract.
- Stressing of composite primary structure and metallic details for a General Aviation airframe.
- To conform to the company procedures, processes and standards.
- To meet the Technical Specification, customer requirements and airworthiness regulations specified within the scope of the contract.
- To provide Structural advice and analysis,
- Working with other team members to ensure overall project delivery.
- To perform tasks as necessary to show that structures comply with the strength and structural requirements defined in the Technical Specification within the scope of the contract including: providing advice to the design office on structural concepts, materials and fasteners as required; generating Finite Element Models and structures working files; and writing stress reports in clear technical English.
- Support efficient running of Stress office.
- To support the provision of timely, economic, design solutions.
- Minimum of HNC/HND or equivalent however a degree would be preferred
Knowledge and Experience:
- Competent working knowledge of structural and stress analysis in an aerospace environment.
- Familiar with the static analysis of metallic and composite structures.
- Proficient in the use of analysis software.
- Numerate and computer literate.
- Familiar with MS Word and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of civil airworthiness requirements.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...