- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Backed by Significant Investment our client, a fuel cell technology and engineering company have a number of opportunities to join their manufacturing team and support the transition to high volume production at their new purpose built facility.
You will be based at our clinets purpose built new manufacturing facility involved in the manufacture of fuel cell products supplying global automotive organisations.
As the Quality Technician you will be resposible for carrying out internal process audits, interpreting engineering drawings and models to enable the Technician to programme PC-DMIS, allowing measurement and reports to be generated
Whilst the role is based in the Redhill area of Surrey you will spend an initial training period in Horsham.
- To review internal records to ensure they have been completed to the required standard and report any adverse trends
- To ensure QC instruments are suitably operated and maintained, including scheduled checks between planned service and calibration activities
- To include training of production staff in quality requirements
- Report progress regularly on assigned tasks, highlighting where agreed target dates are not going to be met
- To provide support to procurement and production teams and other technical projects
- To identify and record any non-conformances to specification requirements
- Control defective items via segregation from good product and raise relevant non-conformance reports.
- Adhere to all instructional and Health & Safety guidelines for the use of equipment in order to maintain a safe work environment
- To perform "First Off" as requested
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- 3+ years' experience using PC-DMIS software
- 5+ years' experience of working in a Quality / Engineering environment
- Working experience of reading and understanding detailed mechanical drawings, including Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Extensive experience of metrology
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Evidence of high numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literate with use of Microsoft Word, Excel would be an advantage
- Analytical mindset with excellent attention to detail
- Effective planning and organisation skills
- Conscientious, hardworking and accurate individual able to work in fast-moving environment
Highly desirable skills:
- An understanding of ISO9001
- Knowledge of root cause analysis techniques, such as 8D, Ishikawa
This organisation are currently based in Horsham with the new production facility based nr Redhill. Research, development and some engineering will remain at Horsham.
The ideal candidate will receive a competitive salary together with including:
- excellent contributory pension
- life assurance
- cycle to work scheme
- share save scheme
- 1 professional membership per annum.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.