- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Electronic Systems Engineer required to work with a global Automotive client at their R&D office.
Successful applicants will be required to work as part of a team of engineers, performing system specification, design and analysis activities for products used in real time, safety critical automotive applications. Work covers all parts of the systems lifecycle, from developing new ideas and concepts, requirements management, systems design, analysis and implementation, through to serial production.
Systems engineers are required to possess a degree of self-discipline and initiative that will allow them to work unaided, solving engineering problems that are required by the position. The majority of the work is centred on managing requirements from the customer specification down to the specialist technical requirements, designing and analysing the system according to industry best practice, and supporting the validation and documentation activities. These are safety critical systems, so must be proven to high integrity level.
The successful applicant will be required to work as part of a team of engineers performing Systems Engineering activities through the full lifecycle of product development. This includes review and analysis of Customer requirements, System specification, System design and analysis activities and acceptance test planning for products used in real time, safety critical automotive applications. The role requires good communication as the successful applicant will be the focal point both within the project team and with the Customer.
Systems Engineers are required to possess a degree of self-discipline and initiative that will allow them to work unaided, solving engineering problems that are required by the position. The focus of the role is the management of requirements from the Customer down to the specialist technical requirements used by the hardware, software, mechanical and validation domains. Activities are conducted according to industry best practice with many projects delivering safety critical systems that require development to high integrity levels.
- Working with internal and external customers to capture, analyse and secure agreement and acceptance of the requirements.
- Development and modelling of system use cases.
- Requirements management from the customer specification down to the specialist technical requirements through specific toolsets.
- System design, preferably using sysML, or similar semi-formal notations.
- Decomposition and allocation of Customer requirements to technical requirements and system components.
- Identification of system elements for reuse and new development within the product range.
- Configuration management of requirements and system design.
- Working to company quality standards along with identification of lessons learnt and process improvements.
Must have experience and skills in ALL of these areas below:
- Practical knowledge of industry standard Systems Engineering process.
- Requirements management and decomposition from Customer to technical level, including review and approval.
- Verification of correct allocation / development of new System requirements
- Specification of structural, dynamic and logical behaviour at the System level
- Design verification analysis, ie use-case testing, FTA, FMEA and/or other appropriate MBSE practice
- Establishing appropriate verification and validation acceptance criteria are in place.
- Verification of the compliant operation of the product to the Customer specification.
- Configuration management and baselining.
- Experience of product variant management.
Desirable experience and skills:
- Systems Engineering practice according to ASPICE or ISO12207.
- Fluent in sysML
- Safety analysis at the system level
- Practical knowledge of relevant safety standards:
o ISO26262:2011 relating to inverters, power train management, battery chargers and DCDC converters;
o EN1175, EN280, ISO13849
- Practical knowledge of automotive and technologies
o Automotive electronics and topologies
o CAN protocols: UDS, XCP, CANopen, J1939, OBDII,
- Familiar with formal requirements of FTA and FMEA
- Familiarity with the following software tools:
o Microsoft Office products particularly Word, Excel, Visio.
o Isograph reliability workbench
o Requirements / Configuration Management Tools, ideally 3SL - Cradle
- Enterprise Architect
Qualifications & experience required:
- Qualified to degree level (2:1) in an appropriate engineering discipline such as electrical and electronic engineering or Systems Engineering.
- Previous role employing systems engineering practise
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.