- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Electrical Design Engineer- (E&P)
I currently have an urgent requriement for an Electrical deisgn engineer LV/HV to work on a number of large scale projects including HS2.
Duties of this post include:
- Achieve the targets agreed regarding staff utilisation and contract costs and income.
- Monitor project performance against contracts and take necessary corrective action.
- Secure business by developing and maintaining contacts with clients.
- Develop engineering staff to ensure the skills are available to meet business objectives.
- Monitor procedures and systems to ensure the safety of staff, and others, affected by the operations.
- Lead projects on behalf of clients as directed. Allocate competent staff to projects to ensure delivery in accordance with contract.
- Provide Technical Assurance on all Electrical Services designs within designated office. Essential criteria:
- About You
- Proven experience of Electrical Distribution Design in a railway environment
- Installation experience or design experience in a design and build environment
- Experience of Signalling Power Supplies, Points Heating, Earthing & Bonding in Electrified Areas
- Must be able to demonstrate collaborative behaviour
- Key skills for the role include String Technical Electrical Design experience, effective leadership qualities, strong communication skills and a client focussed approach.
- Must be proficient with CAD
- Desirable criteria:
- Experience with HV systems & Traction Power (AC or DC)
- Previous experience of acting as CRE
- Qualifications required:
- HNC and Incorporated Engineer - Electrical Engineering is essential
- BEng or MEng and chartered status is desirable though not essential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.