- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Hardware Design Engineer
Several exciting contract opportunities have arisen for Hardware Design Engineers to join a leading Automotive Tier 1. Candidates will have experience in Electronic Instrumentation or Automtive domain, Analogue and Power Electronics required.
We are currently recruiting for a Hardware Design Engineer. The Main focus of the role is to ensure that Investigation and development of new tools, materials, technologies, processes and concepts to be applied in future design of products and portfolio in accordance with latest technological developments
Duties & Responsibilities
- Concept analysis and main component identification
- Specification and DFMEA writing and creating
- Block diagram drafting
- Schematic capture and layout
- Risk analysis
- Thermal analysis
- HW/SW interface management
- HW/Mechanical interface management
- BOM cost analysis and optimisation
- Prototype parts sourcing
- Management of prototype assembly
- Prototype debugging and testing
- Test report writing
- Identify innovative and cost effective HW technologies that could give EIBU a technological and/or economic benefit.
- Attend fairs, seminars and conferences as required to keep up-to-date with latest developments within the automotive electronics arena.
- Write report on technologies
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Extensive experience of designing power converters
- Excellent knowledge of power conversion for low (<60V) and high voltage (>60V)
- Proficient in DC-DC converters and inverter design
- Good analogue and digital design skills
- Fluent in schematics capture, layout and simulation
- Good practical knowledge of EMC
- Good thermal management skills
- Very good knowledge of electronics components market cost levels (cost conscious design)
- Good understanding of mechanical packaging for embedded electronics
- Good understanding of electronics manufacturing (design for manufacturing, design for testing)
- Basic understanding of electronics software design
- Knowledge of automotive power distribution
- Knowledge of communication protocols for the automotive market (e.g. CAN, LIN, FlexRay etc.).
- Knowledge of a layout CAD package
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.