- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highway/Accident Claims Inspector
An experienced Highway or Street works Inspector with a Full Driving Licence is needed to assist in the reduction of a backlog of Claims for my client. The successful candidate will be expected to investigate and report on all accident claims.
- Investigate and prepare comprehensive reports of all accident/claims against the Council on the Public Highway.
- Liaise with authorities, Loss Adjusters for evidence in defense against refuted claims.
- Gather all documentation within the time scales defined in Woolf Report to investigate claims.
- Represent Authority as required in law courts with regard to claims.
- Assist in prioritising the maintenance programme to reduce the risk of claims.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally with all stakeholders.
- Liaise with all internal / external agencies as appropriate to ensure coordination of the highways maintenance function.
- Participate in the quality assurance system, environmental management system and health & safety system, and ensure that accreditation to BS EN ISO 9002, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 is maintained.
- Participate in the development of the service area, giving advice and representing the unit and Authority as appropriate
- The postholder will undertake such courses of study or training as deemed necessary to improve their knowledge base and maintain up to date knowledge of the processes and legal requirements for accident claims and insurance.
- Participate in all Transportation Service Unit initiatives including best value, Charter Mark, IIP, and the staff appraisal scheme.
- Prepare technical, financial and progress reports as directed.
- To be the key focal point of contact in dealing with complex or issues on a regular basis recommending appropriate courses of action where appropriate.
- To be responsible for identifying, recommending and implementing improvements that can be made to the level of service provided.
- To be responsible for the development, maintenance and update of systems and procedures to support and enhance the work of the team.
- The post-holder will undertake any other duties as may be deemed appropriate by service managers and team leaders to maintain an efficient and effective service.
- The postholder must at all times carry out her/his duties with due regard to the Council's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities and Best Value Policies and incorporating the Council's Core Competencies.
- The post holder is required to take reasonable care for the safety and health of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts; and to work with management to comply with Service/Unit procedures and protocols and with the Council's Health and Safety Policy and all guidance, instructions and risk assessments. In particular the jobholder is required to attend training relevant to their post in order to ensure their health and safety responsibilities are met.
- To understand the value of information to the council and to contribute to good information governance by keeping information safe, accurate and up to date and available to those who need it. Abide by the council's information governance policies.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.