Key responsibilities include:
* Conduct all systems engineering activities including requirements management, verification testing and design assurance.
* Produce/review project technical documentation to project schedule.
* Prepare for and successfully deliver key design reviews (PDR/CDR) in accordance with the programme schedule.
* Technical management of suppliers, ensuring requirements and design baselines are maintained.
* Reviewing and challenging technical documentation received from Customer and suppliers.
* Support reviews with the Customer and key suppliers.
* Ensuring adequate integration with other engineering functions involved in the delivery of the programme (Hardware, Mechanical, Software, ILS, etc.).
Required skills & experience:
* Current experience of systems requirements management, definition, design, integration, acceptance and analysis
* Knowledge of System Engineering models and techniques.
* Able to work with people effectively at all levels, using well-developed influencing and interpersonal skills
* Able to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems and make decisions
* Able to deal with internal and external customers in a professional way, both in person, over the phone and by email
* Degree-qualified (or with equivalent relevant experience) in a relevant engineering / technical subject (e.g. electronic engineering or similar)
* Knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS or similar)
* Knowledge of marine electronic equipment and/or the marine environment
* Knowledge of marine navigation specific standards (e.g. IEC 60945, 61162, 61174)
* Familiar with military environmental standards (e.g. DEF STAN 00-35, 59-411)
* Knowledge and experience of safety critical systems (SIL 2 / 3)
* Experience of conducting EMC/Vibration/Shock qualification testing with external test houses
* INCOSE Associate/Chartered Systems Engineering Professional
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.