- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Matchtech are not recruiting for a Configuration Manager for our client based in London and Birmingham on an initial 6 month contract. There are 6 positions available.
To plan and implement Configuration Management (CM) requirements and processes for a specific project phase area in accordance with company procedures and company information systems to satisfy requirements and project delivery timescales. This role ensures configuration information is clear, concise and valid.
- Fully Conversant with Systems Engineering and System Lifecycles
- Member of the Institute of CM or similar
- Six Sigma qualification or similar business improvement Qualification/Trained
- Fully Conversant with Technical/Quality Assurance principles
- Educated to Degree or HND/HNC level
Significant CM experience, worked in multiple discipline environments, across different industries and at all parts all the system lifecycle.
Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Installation/Construction, Test & Commissioning, Maintenance, Technical Assurance & Requirements Management
- Creates, maintains and implements the CM Plan in accordance with company procedures and contractual/tender requirements
- Establishes, maintains and manages a CM estimate
- Deploys and ensures usage of the CM tools
- Specifies, maintains and ensures compliance of CM Contractor and Supplier requirements
- Audits & assesses Contractors and Suppliers to ensure CM processes, systems and deliverables meet requirements
- Participates in the design phase reviews (IDC, IDR)
- Responsible for the establishment & maintenance of configuration baselines (FBL, ABL, PBL) throughout the project lifecycle
- Participates in the choice of, using the defined criteria of Assets and controlled items
- Establishes and maintains the configuration change management system including the establishment of internal and external CCBs and performs the Configuration Control Board (CCB) Secretary role
- Co-ordinates and controls the configuration change process for design change including item change, document change, departures, concessions and trail modifications
- Ensures the Location, Asset, Equipment and Physical Items design and design requirements are captured, controlled and released throughout the system and project lifecycles including enabling works
- Captures, verifies and controls 'as deployed', 'as tested' and 'as maintained' configuration information
- Establishes, maintains and releases the Configuration Status Accounting Record used to describe the configuration management phases and milestone achievement to track design evolution and implementation
- Ensures design change is traceable throughout design and implementation
- Conducts or participates in configuration audits (PCA & FCA)
- Supports the Functional CM to implement CM improvements when agreed by the project
- Performs CM team task delegation and performance management (if applicable)
- Reports on CM Key Performance Indicators
In depth understanding and proven application of CM Standards (Def Stan 05-57/EIA-649/ISO10007/ICM CMII/CMMI)
Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of performing and managing CM processes throughout the full product/system lifecycle within a similar environment.
Knowledge and experience of managing Contractors and Suppliers CM interfaces
Be conversant and experienced in the use and implementation of CM tools (prefer Bentley eB) for managing Product Data, Asset Data, Requirements, Documents, Drawings and CAD systems
Experience of managing a small team of people to successfully achieve CM delivery milestones
Good understanding of Local industry standards and business operations
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.