- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Supplier Quality Engineer
Our client is a global aircraft propulsion and equipment business with more than 58,000 employees worldwide and sales of 16.5 billion euros.
This opportunity will be working within the Lancashire based Nacelles area of the business.
As our clients activities increases globally, the Supply Chain is absolutely key to our success and as such we are offering a unique, challenging and exciting opportunity to join our Supplier Quality team based in Gloucester.
This role will offer you a great opportunity to travel the world and see some of the most advanced, sophisticated and modern manufacturing sites available. You will develop, educate and advance your own network of suppliers, making decisive improvements to Safrans global supply chain.
Reporting to the Supplier Quality Manager, and, working within a team of other Supplier Quality Engineers, your role will be to audit and investigate our global supplier base to identify and develop suppliers in order to improve their stability and performance whilst, resolving reoccurring manufacturing issues.
To achieve this you will need to utilise your engineering problem-solving skills to determine the root cause of the problem and develop robust corrective and preventative actions using industry standard methodology.
There is a large travel element to this role and as such you should hold a full driving licence, and current passport and have a willingness to travel to all continents (sometimes) at short notice.
Some of your core responsibilities will be;
- Coordinate, communicate and oversee general technical matters pertaining to suppliers, including understanding and optimizing component / material usage and up skilling suppliers to provide improved materials and services.
- Develop and execute Supplier Improvement Plans for Constant Care suppliers and supports SIPs for Critical Care suppliers.
- Provide efficient and effective solutions and Corrective Actions / Preventative Actions (CAPAs) to suppliers and / or site issue resolution, including Deviation Management, response to supplier audit issues, and customer complaints.
- Work with supplier personnel to make sure root causes are determined and corrective action is taken.
- Be an active member of the supplier's problem-solving team
- Work closely with internal manufacturing, you will provide assistance and provide advice on parts transferring externally.
- Form strong links with our suppliers to ensure seamless product introduction and facilitate transition of parts within the supply base
- Promote Lean principals and train and develop suppliers in FMEA, Statistical methods and other quality tools in line with our DVI processes.
- Maintin the DK6000 approved vendor database and other databases as required with the appropriate documented reports. You will also conduct any other duties requested which, are directly associated with the role.
Candidate skills & requirements
You'll ideally come from an Aerospace background, although if you have experience of working within similar industries - oil & gas / automotive then we'd certainly be interested in hearing from you. You will have completed a modern apprenticeship and be educated to HNC calibre, have a sound understanding of machining, have excellent engineering problem solving skills and have experience of working with ultra high tensile steels.
In an ideal world you will have working knowledge of Quality Management System implementation and will be competent in the application of quality standards and procedure and have strong problem solving methods to support the business and supply base as appropriate, however, we would be willing to consider candidates who would like to develop further in this area, what is critical, is the technical understanding of the machining techniques and engineering principles / technical drawings. If you have had any involvement in supplier liaison, this would also be to your advantage.
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Dan Tchupan (email@example.com)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.