- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Do you have experience as a Project Estimator and an understanding of the requirements of shipyard projects?
Then please apply now
This busy ship repair yard on the magical island of Gibraltar is looking for an estimator/ buyer who has an understanding and experience pricing up projects for: materials, man-hours and time scales
- Read and interpret specifications, understand and read drawings
- Understand contract requirements and schedule constraints
- Work with suppliers and sub-contractors to obtain the most competitive pricing / quotations during
- Identify the necessary trades for each project and have the ability to estimate man-hours required
and associated cost to be included.
- Must have the ability to project plan and estimate approximate time scales required for each project,
being aware of other ongoing or potential projects
- Multiple estimating projects may be ongoing at any one time, so multitasking is key.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Experience in estimating within the shipyard / naval sector.
- Engineering, mechanical or naval degree/ qualification to some level.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Starting salary of £35,000 (based on experience and qualifications)
- Working hours:
Monday to Thursday 08:00- 16:30hrs
Friday 08:00 - 15:30hrs.
- Paid annual leave - 22 days plus bank holidays (currently 12).
- Annual sick leave entitlement of 2 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay after 3 month probation
- Eligible for Quarterly Attendance Bonus after 3 month probation period.
- Eligible to join the company pension scheme after 18 months of continuous employment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.