- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our leading aerospace client involved in the design, development & manufacture of helicopters for commercial, public service and defence applications have an opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their facility in Yeovil.
- Produce work instructions, Bills of material (BOM).
- Creation of Technical Specifications for Delivery (TSD).
- Creation of manufacturing routings, process sketches and stage drawings to support the manufacturing process.
- Identify accurate specifications for material requirements.
- Process design changes & introduce into current manufacturing or assembly process.
- Identification and requesting of tooling, fixtures and gauges required to support manufacturing process.
- Amend work instructions in operational areas to rectify errors and keep the manufacturing on schedule.
- Must be able to represent Manufacturing Engineering in a shop floor role. (depending on experience).
- Knowledge of manufacturing and or assembly and or machining processes.
- Take an active role in Business improvement and as necessary carry out improvement activities.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Educated to at least HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline and/or a time served apprenticeship.
- Team working with good communicating with influencing skills.
- A sound understanding of manufacturing technology.
- Experience in working with CATIA (V4/V5), ENOVIA and Smarteam.
- A working knowledge of SAP (4.6/ECC6) is desirable but not accentual.
- Understand the principles of Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- Familiar with the use of Microsoft software packages, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Project management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Familiar with an Engineering change and documentation process.
- A practical and logical approach to problem solving.
- Engineering background from an Aerospace or high integrity manufacturing environment.
- An awareness of Health and Safety.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.