- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client, one of the UK's largest supplier of products to the Aerospace industry, are currently looking for a number of Business Analysts to work for them within thier PMO function based out of Yeovil.
Providing and supporting a central business control function across Programmes and Projects by providing programme management office activities and systems, standardising processes, developing good practice, producing high quality operational reporting across all contracts.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
Please note that the key job accountabilities are what the individual will eventually be performing once they are experienced in the role. There is no expectations that the individual hired will possess experience in all of these areas, however experience in some is desirable:
- Deliver, for defined areas of accountability, the annual budget and quarterly forecasting process as required for the full scope of Programme management budgets.
- Ensure accountable managers of budgets are managing these in line with departmental and company requirements, supporting them as appropriate.
- Produce and analyse demand planning reporting, incorporating historic, current and forecast data (bid and contracted).
- Lead the Programme Management engagement with Operations for the production and review of integrated master schedules including identification of forecast confidence, risks and associated actions.
- Produce and maintain programme or project plans including milestone management, scope management, resource forecasting, financial management and risk identification, ensuring efficient change control methods and process are utilised and data integrity is maintained.
- Working closely with HR, proactively produce skills and resource planning analysis from available data, supporting management in the development or movement of individuals to meet functional objectives.
- Develop, produce and evaluate Programme and Project cost, quality and schedule key performance indicators and business reports for both internal and external customers.
- Establish and roll out business and programme management processes based on best practice ensuring interconnectivity with Company procedures.
- Promote and apply project closure good practice to ensure lessons learned are logged. Contribute learning from past and current projects to the overall development of the product and the procedures and knowledge-base of the department.
- Establish the development, implementation and continual improvement of the departmental Quality system ensuring systems in place to check adherence and feed in continual improvement.
- Assess and audit processes effectivity to ensure all projects adhere to best practices and standard approaches for project management including risk.
- Provide guidance for general department administration tasks is in place (RAS, PDI, Purchase Requisitions and Receipt, resolution of invoice queries, management of SharePoint, training plans, CATS governance, etc).
- Facilitate reviews with internal and external stakeholders as required, to achieve required deliverables.
- Working closely with the planning function, implement best practice to ensure consistent methodology, systems and reports are applied to Management Planning structures. Apply mechanisms to monitor and track schedule deliverables to ensure alignment between programme, function and commercial departments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
- Financial experience (budget preparation, production of financial reports, management of programme costs).
- Experience of Programme or Project Finances and financial analysis, including project and Cost control experience - this is desirable but not essential - an interest in this would suffice.
- Strategic and Business Development awareness.
- Effective & persuasive in building a network of contacts and creating strong relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively and present data credibly.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly perceptive and methodical - process driven.
- Attention to detail.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.