- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Cost Control Finance
DE&S (Defence Equipment and Support) are looking for a number of Cost Control Finance personnel to work in Abbeywood, Bristol.
As a member of the Project Controls Function, you will use your knowledge and experience to support successful project delivery for Army, Navy, and RAF customers, by ensuring that project costs are rigorously controlled and relevant financial and performance reporting requirements are met.
As a Cost Control Finance [Professional II] you will be responsible for the consistency and accuracy of management cost information and financial performance reporting in a procurement and/or in-service support environment.
Day-to-day duties include:
* Financial and Funding Forecasts - Producing regular forecasts (covering the current and future years), ensuring that financial systems show the correct financial position, producing / maintaining accurate and timely accruals based forecasts.
* Performance Reporting and Audit Support - Ensuring that financial performance is underpinned by robust evidence and support the production of audit packs required by internal / external business compliance and accounts auditors. Lead the team to actively support audit challenges from internal & external business compliance & accounts auditors.
* Variance Analysis and Reporting - Timely identification, investigation and articulation of variances against budget. Ensuring variance commentary and financial risk commentary is accurate and insightful.
* Earned Value Management (EVM) - Guide the production of EVM analysis to demonstrate project performance against Performance Management Baseline (PMB). Identify and analyse variances to plan, determine impact on the schedule (with schedule colleagues) and the cost to complete the scope of work.
* Risk Management and Investment Decisions - Support the production of robust costings to feed into investment decisions and undertaking financial risk analysis.
Included within this campaign is a Portfolio Analytics Cost Controller role within DE&S.
The role is responsible for analysing management information and financial data, undertaking portfolio level decision support reviews and analysis, providing guidance, advice, modelling services and reporting opinions on a range of factors across the business and its supply chain. Portfolio Analytics also undertakes sector analysis, supply chain management insight and the identification of commercial leverage opportunities to support future decision making and the development of organisational and business strategy.
We are looking for individuals that have strong business acumen, the ability to challenge, negotiate and influence at all levels and can build relationships with stakeholder. An attitude dedicated to personal and business improvement will help you succeed in this role. Ideally you will have experience of managing staff and be capable of developing others.
We are looking for individuals that have experience in producing regular forecasts (covering the current and future years) ensuring that financial systems show the correct financial position, and producing/maintaining accurate and timely accruals based forecasts and investigating/explaining variances from budget.
In person, you will be a diligent and committed team-player with a meticulous and accurate way of working. The ability to collaborate with others and assist stakeholders will enable you to build key relationships within both your local delivery team and the wider Project Controls and Finance & Accounting functions within DE&S. An attitude dedicated to personal improvement will underpin your success and enable you to develop and progress further in the business.
Successful candidates will possess significant analytical, cost or financial management experience. A CCAB or equivalent qualification is desirable for these roles.
Please note some of our posts are reserved for UK Nationals only and may require a higher level of clearance of Developed Vetting (DV). Some posts will require regular travel to other DE&S locations
The salary is between £30,000-£46,000 per annum depending on experience.
The closing date for applications is 20th January 2019.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.