- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Manager
Our clients based in Wrexham, have an exciting opportunity for a Quality, Health, Safety & Quality Manager to join their growing team.
The role reports primarily to the Wrexham Plant Manager and has secondary reporting lines to the UK Quality and Health and Safety Managers.
Specific duties will be as follows:
- Drive a culture of integration in quality, health, safety and environment within all Wrexham employees to facilitate reduction in customer complaints and accident / incident prevention.
- Support the integration of QHSE Management Systems under ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 respectively. Experience in the transition to ISO 45001 would be an advantage.
- Support the implementation of actions aimed at developing awareness of customer satisfaction, safety and environmental responsibility within all employees on site.
- Monitor and report KPI's to the UK Quality and H&S Managers.
- Maintain and evolve currently implemented company programmes, e.g. Behavioural Safety program, Cost of Poor Quality reduction, Continuous improvement.
- Responsible for customer complaints management, investigation and reporting - including customer support during site visits as necessary.
- Guarantee continuous execution of risk assessments on tasks and processes as well as implementation of appropriate control measures.
- Monitor plant equipment and systems compliance with Statutory and corporate requirements, calibration of measuring devices, waste management, amongst others.
- Advise on the safety requirements of proposed new plant, equipment and buildings to ensure compliance with Statutory requirements, Company H&S Policy and Planning requirements.
- Chair the Health & Safety Committee meetings for the site.
- Liaise with third parties on behalf of the site in meetings with external Inspectorates, including the Health & Safety Executive, Environment Agency and Fire Authority as well as appropriate Insurance bodies, Product certification bodies and auditors.
- Review tender and order documents for QHSE requirements and advising on the implications to the Company
- Candidates should be educated to degree level in an engineering or other technical discipline with proven experience working in a similar role, ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of HSE legislation and good practice is essential with a formal Health and Safety qualification such as the NEBOSH Diploma.
- QHSE Internal auditor
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.