- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Product Safety Engineer
There is an urgent requirement for a Senior Product Safety Engineer to join our Defence client based in Bristol on a contract basis.
Purpose of role
* To undertake a range of Product Safety activities in line with all relevant project and corporate processes and any specific customer requirements
* To undertake review, qualification and approval activities relative to deliverable and delivered items
* Facilitate the implementation of relevant Product Safety processes
Major Tasks and Activities
* Provide support to the TA teams with the management of the hazards, risks and associated mitigations and contribute to the development of the hazard log and the maturity of information contained within.
* Organise and facilitate HAZIDs and review meetings and contribute to other HAZIDs when required.
* Support the development and maintenance of the inputs to the Safety Case Report (Systems Design Safety Assessments (SDSAs) and Key Hazard Certification reports).
* Review contractor supplied deliverables to ensure acceptability of delivered material.
* Work with the TA teams in collating adequate PS related evidence to support the safety case and acceptance via the Requirements and Acceptance Team.
Key Technical Skills
* Able to demonstrate a track record of delivering safety in large or complex projects
* Knowledgeable with respect to Product Safety Legislation and Regulation
* Familiar with Product Environmental Legislation and Regulation
* Experienced in safety risk management, this will include hazard identification, analysis, risk assessment and risk mitigation
* Competent with applying formal hazard/ safety assessment techniques and methods such as:-
HAZID (Hazard Identification),
HAZOPS (Hazard and Operability studies,
FHA (Functional Hazard Analysis),
SWIFT (Structured What-If Technique),
FTA/ETA (Fault/Event Tree Analysis,
FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) etc.
Able to write safety case reports (not essential)
* Knowledge of platform safety management processes and techniques
* A wide knowledge of Product / Ship Safety management practices.
* Good working experiences in more than one phase of the Life Cycle Management (LCM) framework, with sufficient experience of the total LCM to enable a good understanding of adjacent phases and through life engineering issues.
* Typically five years' experience in delivering Product Safety in naval projects for the MoD or a defence or related industry, with experience of naval sensors and/or weapons an advantage.
* Thorough knowledge of customer (Ship/ System Safety) standards such as:-
Def. Stan 00-56;
* Familiar with BAE Systems Product Safety policies and procedures, (e.g. Product Safety Management Framework)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.