- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Quality Engineering Manager
Take an important role on one of the UK's largest defence projects
Quality Engineering Manager- Portsmouth - 6 Months - £51.17/hr LTD/UMB. PAYE rates also available on request
Ensure that the line of business Quality Management System (QMS) remains compliant to all internal and external business requirements by:-
- Overseeing the governance and assurance of Quality performance across the "line of Business insuring compliance of internal and customer Quality requirements.
- Provide assurance to the line of business that :
- All 3rd party and customer specific accreditations and certifications are maintained.
- All product safety and associated verification / validation requirements the line of businesses products and services are effective.
- That the Line of Businesses business strategy is aligned to Quality Strategies.
- Quality policies and processes are aligned to the top level Functional requirements.
- Overseeing the deployment of Quality Processes - Approving / authorising where required.
- Provide an effective Quality Service that supports the line of Business on all Quality Matters. To include Quality Interventions and training in Quality Tools, techniques and processes.
- Ensure Quality Issues and non-conformances are addressed and if of a serious nature then appropriately escalated to Head of Quality and Quality Director.
- Managing a team of Quality Engineers with a responsibility for :
- The definition and setting of appropriate performance measures and SMART Objectives.
- Project / Task management.
- Performance Management of both Teams and Individuals.
- Development of Technical and Leadership Competency and personal skills.
- General office discipline
- Determining and setting objectives for both teams and individuals
- MSc, BSc in a Quality, Engineering or Business related subject (or Equivalent and relevant Experience)
- Leadership skills
- Experience in the use of SAP
- Six Sigma
Due to time constraints, the team regret that we are not able to respond to each application. If you have not received a response within 3 working days then please assume you have not been successful.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.