- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Engineer - Seamanship
Engineer - Seamanship - Glasgow - 6 Months - £33.00/hr LTD/UMB. PAYE rates also available on request
- Undertake Seamanship system and compartment design and integration activities
- Support Outfit system and compartment design and integration activities
- Produce Layout Drawings for Seamanship compartments for review by stakeholders and to allow Stage 2 to correctly model these spaces.
- Update Windchill PLM with mature parts, systems, occurrences and compartment data to ensure it correctly presents the baseline design.
- Write and update Technical Equipment Specifications and co-ordinate with suppliers to ensure delivery to the agreed specification.
- Co-ordinate with systems engineers and detail designers on the integration of Seamanship systems.
- Support and attend FATs, HATs and SATs during the build, commissioning and trials phases.
- Support acceptance activities for Seamanship facilities and equipment
- Support HAZIDs and Safety Reviews.
- Support Design Reviews and Zonal Reviews.
- Act as Secretary to the Seamanship Working Group (SWG), organising the WG, writing and issuing WG agendas and minutes and maintain the WG Action Log.
- Knowledge and experience of naval and / or commercial ship outfit and seamanship systems with the experience to support system and spatial integration issues with other disciplines.
- Experience with CAD software like AutoCAD or FORAN is desirable.
Due to time constraints, the team regret that we are not able to respond to each application. If you have not received a response within 3 working days then please assume you have not been successful
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.