- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Manager, Export Compliance
Our influencial global shipbuilding company are building the new ship for the Royal Canadian Navy - the Project Management team are looking for an experienced Export Compliance Manager to be a part of their team on this exciting project.
- Develop and implement policy and process to ensure compliance with Canadian, U.S. and other country's export and import laws and regulations (e.g. Canadian Controlled Goods and the Export Control List, International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and other country's export/important controls).
- Manage and deliver regular compliance training to the project teams.
- Supervise the Compliance specialists on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide timely, responsive and proactive advice on all compliance issues.
- Work with other members of the Law Department and project teams to review and assess compliance issues in the context of defence contracts.
- Monitor, assess and disseminate industry and regulatory developments that may impact the company's compliance risk.
- Implement and manage a regular audit program specific to compliance.
- Develop and manage professional working relationships with customers, subcontractors and regulators.
- Deliver compliance support to other companies within the Group of companies.
- Experience in compliance in the marine defence industry (experience in compliance at a Canadian company is an asset but not essential)
- Experience and working knowledge of Canadian and U.S. export and import laws and regulations, including Controlled Goods and ITAR.
- Experience and/or working knowledge of other country's export and import laws is an asset.
- Strong leadership skills. Experience as a manager is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- A valid passport, as some travel may be required.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.