- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
There are a number of contract opportunities available for Software Engineers to join Matchtech's key client in Yeovil.
CAGE is BAE Systems' Mission Planning product. It is in service on a growing number of rotary wing platforms and being targeted for the fast jet market under the Sceptre brand. Successful candidates will be required to work in Agile sprint teams of approximately 8, executing tasks including requirements analysis, design, implementation and testing of the CAGE product and its platform specific instantiations.
- Completion of software tasks to project processes and software development, within schedule and cost
- Testing of functionality
- Accurate reporting progress and providing feedback to stakeholders
- Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
- Production of appropriate technical documentation
- Participation in peer reviews of own and others' work products
- Configuration of all arftefacts
- Generation and management of requirements
- Design, Code and Test of technical solutions
- You may also be required to resolve internal and customer reported issues
- As part of the software team you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities
Key Qualifications & Experience:
Relevant knowledge, experience and domain expertise may offset the normal qualification requirements. The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of the full software development lifecycle, from requirements & design through to requirements tracing and delivery
- An understanding of software development processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing), experience of development tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
A proven technical track record, which may include:
- Desktop-based applications (Java/C#/C++ with Eclipse RCP)
- Windows target environments
- Object-oriented design/development including UML
- Must have a 'can do' attitude; deliver on commitments to agreed budgets and timescales
- Enjoy team dynamics
- Demonstrate a positive team spirit
- Prepared to gain full SC clearance
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.