- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Aerospace Structures Design Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Composite design Engineer to work on aerospace structures in Lucerne Switzerland.
It is essential to have composite experience and ideally Catia V5 with CPD workbench.
Serve as a member of a design team to join the fast-paced development of unique Unmanned Aircraft Systems for commercial operations. Focus will be on all-composite structures, with a minimal amount of support metallic components.
- Perform airframe structural configuration layout and detail design including structural layouts, preliminary sizing, joint layouts and part design, utilizing composite and metallic materials.
- Generate CAD models and drawings at top assembly and component levels. Translation of design specification requirements into conceptual models is a primary requirement of the position, with respect to construction of the product to meet interface boundaries, weight targets, cost targets and structural integrity. Ability to create parametric product geometry models desired.
- Work with Sr. Design Engineering and Analysts for iterative evaluation of designs.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing, Procurement, Quality Control and other departments as required to take the design from conception to production.
- Prepare documentation to support design decisions and to resolve issues. Prepares presentations for design reviews. Assists the project engineer in preparing for technical interchange meetings and technical program reviews.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or related field from an accredited university.
- Min of 3 years work experience in the aerospace industry, composite manufacturing or related field.
- Experience with CATIA V5 with a focus on Generative Surface Design, Part Design and Assemblies. Experience in Unigraphics or Pro-E will be considered based on supporting background.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written.
- Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Familiar with industry standards for the manufacture, repair and assembly of composite components for aerospace.
- Experience with engineering and manufacturing development of structural parts and assemblies utilizing composite materials.
- Experience with the composite part detail process, including composites stacking sequence lamination theory, honeycomb core, bonded assemblies, manufacturing assembly and fabrication processes, post-cure machining operations.
- Experience with CATIA V5 CPD (Composite Part Design) and/or FiberSIM is a plus.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.