- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Dam Engineer
Matchtech have an exciting new job opportunity for an Senior Dam Engineer to join their Internationally known Client in Leeds to work on Dam Projects.
Our Client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Dam Engineer to join their team in Leeds on a permanent basis.
Globally, Our Client is one of the leading consultants in Environmental Services and one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings. Our client has been selected by key Clients across the UK as a strategic consultancy provider.
They have exciting opportunities for the right professional person to join our dams and hydropower team. This team delivers projects for a number of UK water utilities and private clients in the UK and overseas. They have a growing backlog of work and are seeking a senior level engineer to support their programmes of work for their clients. Our clients typical projects range from feasibility studies and asset inspections, remediation of existing dams and reservoirs, design of new dams for water supply and hydropower, reservoir inspections and associated studies and studies and design of hydropower projects.
Our Clients' collaborative approach ensures the projects we deliver meet their client's needs in a sustainable manner. They embrace new technologies and design with communities in mind.
* Work on projects within a framework of water industry, dam engineering and hydropower within the UK and overseas.
* Provide technical direction to project teams, including studies, design, performance monitoring for all types of dams and hydraulic structures.
* Build relationships within the industry and wider our clients' Waterpower and Dams community.
* Use appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful outcomes for our clients.
* Maintain up to date technical knowledge and CPD relevant to the role.
* Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members within the team
* Complete all work in line with our clients Core Values and in accordance with their Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject.
* Professionally qualified (Chartered Engineer or equivalent) and member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. ICE.
* A member of the Supervising Panel of Engineers under the Reservoirs Act would be an advantage.
* Experience in dam engineering, hydraulic structures and/or hydropower.
* Competent skill level in business development.
* Ability to manage and develop projects from a brief.
* Ability to integrate into a team and provided technical management over other members of the team.
* Experienced level of decision making.
* Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
* Computer literate with good understanding of industry design / analysis software and Microsoft Office applications. Experience in CFD applications would be an advantage.
* Understand the appropriate level of detail for different project requirements
* Ability to work well within a team and independently.
* Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and our design team - both written and oral
* Experienced level in client service management.
* Excellent organisational skills and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.