- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Water Production Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Senior Leadership team, providing strong leadership and taking accountability for a resilient end to end process of supply water across the Southern Water customer base (2.4 million).
* Accountable for writing and delivering the strategic water resource production plans, based on the Annual Supply Plan (ASP).
* Deliver significant savings by embedding a new culture to ensure a fully optimised operation of the production network at minimal cost. This is to include taking into account the variation in energy tariffs, power, chemicals, water demand and resources, capital scheme impact and production plant availability 24/7.
* Accountable for managing the Water Production risk and Public Health for the security of water supply, by driving operational, contractor and service provider performance across the region.
* Development of the company's Water System Network Model (MISER) to produce optimised production targets across all Water Production operational sites (~90) and Booster Stations.
* Accountable for incident management by managing technical support, operational staff and service partners during events, investigation of water quality incidents/failures and completion of associated actions to ensure risks to public health and restoration of water supply are met at all times.
* Work with Integrated Planning and Capital Delivery to ensure a robust outage solution is designed and implement to minimise security of supply risk.
* Accountable for water supply resilience, taking into account water resources, outages and demand.
* Accountable for influencing the companies WRMP and Sustainability strategy from an Operational Production perspective.
* Monitor the company's weekly demand and business reporting, supporting Demand Monitoring Zone plans.
* Manage the programme of system availability including all capital and maintenance work (SCO) to ensure security of supply to our Customer base is maintained at all times.
* Coach, mentor, develop and performance manage the team with a key focus on employee engagement to deliver security of supply at least cost.
* Input into the Companies ALP process for driving future Capital Investment around the Companies outage position and overall SOSI index (reportable to the EA and DEFRA on an annual basis). Experience / qualifications required:
* Extensive water quality/water supply knowledge and experience.
* Technical scientific honours degree (or equivalent) (desirable).
* Proven experience in a line management role within a technical environment.
* Preferably a member of an appropriate professional organisation (CIWEM/RSC/RSM/IRCA) and be maintaining continuing professional development to meet the DWI requirements of competent Technical Manager.
* Strong management and leaderships skills with the ability to motivate and drive.
* Can manage complex and sometimes incomplete data sets and come to effective conclusions.
* Good understanding of the regulatory environment for Water.
* Strategic thinker, forward planner with ability to take an overview of company needs/targets.
* Personal credibility and track record to gain the confidence of the regulators and EMT.
Southern Water is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability; complies with all relevant UK legislation.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility and current proof of address (dated within the last 3 months), If you do not meet these criteria your application will not be considered.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.