- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Engineering Managers - Submarine Delivery Agency
Excellent opportunities have arisen for Engineering Managers to join the SDA on a variety of projects spanning Surface Warships and Submarines who provide vital support to our armed forces in current and future operations.
If you have an Engineering background and the determination and drive to support customers in delivering their technical requirements you could have the opportunity to support in delivering one of the biggest projects in the UK today.
In these roles you will be expected to advise on technical problem solving, coupled with appropriate management planning abilities to resolve complex engineering problems.
You will need to define technical requirements, manage solution development and ensure compliance with the customers' requirements. You will be required to be a subject matter expert in your specialist area and you will be a key liaison between the SDA, contractors and other project stakeholders.
Within this role you will have the responsibility and opportunity to use and grow your skills and subject matter knowledge to help the SDA ensure that the armed forces are capable of operating in the most demanding environments.
Adopting to new ways of working, demonstrating diverse and flexible approaches to challenges, working in collaborative situations and maintaining a right first-time approach to solution implementation will be key. The assignments are an integral interface to our supply base ensuring technical solutions meet the needs and requirements of the armed forces.
Some of your responsibilities may include:
- Manage engineering technical requirements (definition, architecture, integration, contract assessment and management and change).
- Produce or contribute to Engineering plans
- Collect, collate and evaluate technical data, review technical equipment and systems, including its in-service support, and make recommendations to Engineering Manager
- Provide independent perspective on innovation and technology risk in the delivery of military capability
- Review and approve deliverables and ensure technology is applied appropriately
- Contribution to effective Technical Management of projects and tasks for which they are responsible e.g. identification of requirements, technical risk mitigation and reporting against programme milestones and schedules
Please note some of these roles will require occasional travel across the UK and US. Due to the nature of the work these roles are open to Sole UK Nationals only.
Key to your success will be your ability to share technical knowledge and liaise closely with stakeholders to ensure the project delivers on time whilst meeting project goals.
To be successful you will also have:
- Engineering background and experience (mechanical or electrical is acceptable)
- Strong stakeholder and communication skills with the ability to influence decisions, including senior managers
- The ability to draw on evidence provided to form opinions and present sound arguments
Demonstrable experience in delivering to tight timescales It would be highly advantageous if you have:
- Nuclear or Marine Engineering background
- Engineering HNC/HND
- Some financial and commercial knowledge
Having a degree level qualification would put you at a distinct advantage, as you would being on the path to becoming a Chartered Engineer.
This role will close on the 3rd April 2019
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.