- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
External Communications Integration Engineer
Our client are the prime contractor for the build of the Canadian Navy's new Frigates they have an exciting opportunity for an experienced systems integration engineer with a strong background in communication systems to join them in Halifax.
This position will be responsible for providing technical and engineering oversight in support of the design, integration, installation, test and evaluation of all External Communications systems aboard the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) ship class. This will include, but is not limited to the
- Secure and Non Secure Radio Systems;
- Satellite Communication and Telephone Systems;
- Tactical Data Link Systems;
- Cellular Telephone;
- Underwater Communication Systems; and
- Encryption Devices.
To fulfil this role the External Communications Integration Engineer will provide insight regarding the design of these systems, their function within the Combat System (CS) and be responsible for ensuring that fully compliant CSC solutions are provided in accordance with sound engineering practice. This position will participate in the CSC Integrated Product Teams (IPT) structure, in partnership with the Combat Systems Integrator (CSI) and will be a Point of Contact (POC) within the ISI CSC team for all Ships External Communication Systems.
- Degree in a discipline of engineering (Electronics, Communications, Electrical preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Post graduate qualifications in systems engineering or equivalent experience
Strong experience in the following fields:
- Engineering on large and complex defence engineering projects
- Coordination with multiple complex organisations
- Extensive knowledge on the design, integration, installation and test of External Communication Systems
- Knowledge of complex systems integration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of Combat System Architecture
Experience in the following fields would be preferred:
- Experience in engineering for Naval platforms
- Understanding of ship construction
- Experience working in design, production and or test on a ship construction program.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.