- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Flammability Certification Engineer
Our key client that specialises in first class, business class and premium economy interiors for commercial aircraft currently have an opportunity for an Flammability Certification Engineer at their site in Cwmbran.
To work as part of the certification team with regards to the flammability certification of non-metallic parts within the seating system.
Main tasks of the job / key result areas:
- Analyse the trim and finish details of the seating system and or cabin interiors furniture for flammability compliance
- Prepare flammability test plans and reports
- Generate pre test documentation for development and certification testing
- Arrange the preparation of flammability test samples in house and/or get the samples prepared by material suppliers
- Liaise with test houses to conduct the flammability testing in an expedient manner
- Prepare test and analysis documentation for customer and regulatory approval
- Liaise with customers and other internal departments
- Liaise with Boeing/Airbus/ AC Integrators to ensure plans and reports are approved in an expedient manner
- Provide support to customers and programs team to ensure compliant trim and finish is chosen for seat design
- In addition to flammability compliance, general certification and development task support will be required on a case by case basis
Educated to a minimum of HNC level in Engineering or similar
Ideally the candidate will have working knowledge / experience within the aerospace industry preparing test articles, conducting test programs and organising test facilities.
Experience of working to regulatory standards, i.e FAR/CS25.853, DOT/FAA/AR-00-12, Aircraft Materials Fire Test Handbook, Airframe Manufacturers Specification and quality procedures.
Understanding of the regulatory flammability requirements is preferable with knowledge of flammability sample sizes and requirements being an advantage.
In addition project management skills are also desirable.
The position requires a competent communicator with the ability to establish good-working relationships across the departments and become an effective team player.
A full U.K. driving license is required, in addition, some UK and overseas travel may be required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.