- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Procurement Engineer - Samlesbury - 6 Months - £16.97 PAYE. LTD/UMB rates also available on request
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Procurement Engineer working in the Procurement Shared Service - Capability & Equipment Organisation.
- Achieve cash in and cash out targets.
- Improve Supplier performance.
- Secure supplier bids to ensure new business are aligned with the customer.
- Place and Manage Purchase Orders onto Suppliers.
- Preparation and release of significant RFPs together with detailed assessment of incoming proposals.
- Building relationships with other internal disciplines and the Supply Base to enhance operational performance.
- Support project requirements to ensure needs and targets are met.
- To provide for and attend Internal & External meetings.
- Manage Supplier Performance KPI's to ensure on time delivery to a high standard of Quality.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following; Key Responsibilities will be :- To manage the supplier and contract activities alongside the Procurement team to include:
- Supplier Management
- Cash Flow Management
- Quality Management
- Relationship Management
- Negotiations and cost reduction
- Support the management of priorities based on customer and IBP needs
- Supplier reporting - schedule adherence, EAC against budget, risks and opportunities and mitigation
- Raising Purchase Orders
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous Procurement experience
- Influencing & negotiating skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels and form relationships with internal / external customers
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.