- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Engineering Manager
A Systems Engineering Manager is required to join our client based in Glasgow on a contractor basis. This will be to work on the Hunter Class Frigate and Globat Combat Ship contracts.
The purpose of this role is to provide strategic leadership and direction to the deployment of Model Based Systems Engineering and systems safety across Marine Systems.
The role is charged with leading a transformation to Marine Systems' approach to design analysis through the deployment of novel systems engineering design techniques to the complex warship environment.
It will be responsible for developing and delivering the Marine Systems integrated functional model as well as leading analysis of the design from an integration and safety perspective.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Provide strategic leadership of the Systems Engineering, modelling and system safety team
- Lead the continued transformation of Marine Engineering and the adoption of systems engineering practices.
- Lead the roll-out of model based systems engineering (MBSE) across the wider Marine Systems domain; establish the policies, processes and capability requirements for MBSE.
- Lead the development of the Marine Systems integrated functional model (structural, functional and control) using SysML.
- Ensure that operability considerations and requirements for the Whole-Ship are embodied within the integrated Marine Systems design.
- Lead the systems safety assessment of the integrated Marine design.
- Lead the identification of Marine design integration issues.
- Lead on resolution of Marine technical integration issues.
- Ensuring effective definition and configuration control of the Marine System design.
- Support development of the Marine Systems Safety Case; incorporate Key Hazard assessment work completed as part of the systems safety analysis.
- Act as point of contact for the Marine System Approval Authority with respect to modelling and systems safety.
- Act as the delegated Control Account Manager for own area of work; lead on the development of project plans, project delivery and reporting and project risk management.
- Inspire the team and wider stakeholders in delivery of the project vision.
- Support the Type 26 Systems Integration Authority in their role as delegated engineering authority for the Type 26 Global Combat Ship design.
Key Technical Skills:
- Manages specialist multi-discipline, multi-site teams interfacing with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work closely with other domains to develop the overall integrated ship design
- Strong understanding of key systems engineering principles and the MoD's approach to integration.
- Comprehensive knowledge of complex system modelling using SysML.
- Good knowledge of the development of systems safety analysis and the development of system safety cases.
- Ability to identify and resolve key engineering issues including cost capability trade-offs within the specialism.
- Experience of MoD / Customer management and a collaborative working environment.
- Excellent project management and supplier management skills.
- Knowledge of warship design processes and inter-relationships would be advantageous.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.