- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Our defence client are currently in the process of the mechanical design of two different types of Submarine for their Barrow base, with a third soon to begin. They require experienced mechanical designers to aid the design at their Barrow site.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - 12+ Months Contract - Barrow - Inside IR35
LOCAL RATE: £22ph PAYE or £28ph Umbrella
NON- LOCAL RATE: £28ph PAYE or £34 Umbrella
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
- The role is focused around 2D and 3D designs of a new design submarine and troubleshooting the final issues of an existing build. The new submarine is of paramount importance to UK security, so delays in build are unacceptable.
- Positions are available on their Standard, Piping and HVAC teams.
- There are 100 different piping systems involved, so if you are an experienced Piping Integration or Pipe Router, get in touch.
- Any Reactor, Platform, Propulsion or Weapons experience is most valuable.
- Ability to work under immense pressure is useful due to time constraints and right first time mentality.
- Develop and produce CAD models, drawings and other Technical Outputs consistent with the contractual requirements to meet target dates and budget demands (Delivery to time, quality and budget)
- Develop and draw 2D Diagrams, utilising the relevant tool-set.
- 3D Integration within the Product Model
- Produce other technical outputs consistent with contractual requirements
- Provide and produce relevant calculations.
- Produce drawing outputs from the 3D Model
- Perform self-verification of own work
- Cross checking of peers and subordinates work
- Produce Process Standards
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience of design in one or more of the following industries: Defence, Power Industry or Oil and Gas or similar industries
- Demonstrable ability at utilising 2D CAD design packages
- Ability to apply the relevant Engineering processes regarding the integration, of the relevant, systems and equipment within the 3D CAD Product Model
- Show knowledge of one or more of the following areas: Air Systems, Fluid Systems, Fire Fighting Systems, and Instrumentation (relevant to Machinery Control and Instrumentation)
- Expert knowledge of design software such as FORAN, CATIA 5 or other software's.
- Ability to perform the supporting calculations with the regard to the above areas.
- Shipbuilding/ marine experience preferred but not essential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.