- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
To be responsible for providing a technical support service and to manage a team of assigned professional, technical and support staff dealing in one or more of the technical support areas of work within the highways streetworks service.
- To act for the Team Manager in their absence with respect to the functions of the Team, and the wider interests of the Service as required. These deputising roles are likely to be frequent and onerous.
- As a senior member of the Team be jointly responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the assigned Team and to carry out such Service-wide management and technical functions as may be required; to ensure Service Management Team decisions are carried out as appropriate.
- To provide, maintain, develop, design, implement, evaluate, review and proactively improve the services provided by the Service in accordance with Council policy and in particular:
- are efficiently and effectively discharged with the active participation of the local community, the voluntary sector, business and specialist groups as appropriate using appropriate consultative techniques.
- are accessible to all members of the community and geared resources to their needs.
- are of a high quality commensurate with available resources and represent value for money in meeting the Customer and Client expectations and requirements.
- To act as a Council's senior spokesperson on Streetworks, Engineering and Traffic matters when requested by the Service Manager or Team Manager.
- To co-ordinate, prioritise work, establish work programmes and schedules for the assigned functional areas of work and ensuring their achievement and providing or securing technical guidance and training as necessary in this connection.
- To develop, consult and progress measures to assist, enhance, maintain and promote the use of the highway network and infrastructure and be responsible for ensuring information and administrative support is provided for statutory functions under the Highway Act 1980, New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 and Traffic Management Act 2004.
- To advise senior management and Council on the effects of relevant new or draft legislation, Codes of Practice or other initiatives, publications or developments, ensuring that appropriate Members and other interested parties are properly briefed and advised.
- To draft responses to national, regional and local consultations from government, statutory, private and voluntary bodies.
- To represent the Department/Service/Team at meetings with the public and with Councillors on matters relevant to the Service, including attendance at Committees, Member Area Information Exchange and any other public meetings.
- To represent the Team Manager at meetings with other services and outside bodies (e.g. Police, Emergency Services, TfL, Bus Operators, Developers, Legal Service).
- To liaise with other Teams or Services to ensure that all of the Division's interests are fully considered.
- To prepare Revenue and Capital Budget estimates, and to report, manage, adjust, programme and control expenditure, both on individual projects and on specific areas of expenditure for which the Team is responsible employing financial systems to monitor spend throughout the year ensuring budgetary control.
- To exploit every opportunity for the funding of projects, identifying potential schemes, and carrying out feasibility and economic appraisal, with a view to levering in funds from both the private and public sector.
- To deal with complex and difficult telephone enquiries on matters with political or public relations implications, and to comply with the Council's Telephone Code of Practice.
- To draft, co-ordinate and ensure that all correspondence, enquiries and complaints are effectively dealt with within response times specified by the Council and the Director.
- To produce papers and reports for the Council Executive and Committees, and other bodies and to ensure the quality and content of all reports produced by members of the Team. To present such as required including local consultative groups, residents' organisations and meetings and to give evidence as necessary at public inquiries.
- To act as a Borough Liaison Officer in the event of a major incidents. This includes providing advice and support to the Emergency Planning Officer in the event of a major civil emergency, directing other staff, assisting the Emergency Services, or being based in the Emergency Control Centre to ensure a cohesive response is given to the Emergency Services. This role has substantial responsibilities in relation to the life/death/well being of the community.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.