- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
To carry out civil engineering duties that can include technical advice, feasibility exercises, surveys, investigations, and reports. Also, all work associated with the design and construction of projects/tasks.
- The postholder reports to: Highways Manager, but may also report to a Senior Engineer for specific projects.
- The postholder has no direct line management responsibility but will be expected to perform the following;
- When operating as a team leader supervise and liaise with other team members
- To deputise for the Principal Engineer and Senior Engineers as necessary.
- Experience of both managing and participating in projects/tasks.
- Experience of successfully managing budgets.
- Able to demonstrate an innovative approach to problem solving with a successful outcome.
- Proven experience of working with staff at all levels of the organisation and developing effective relationships with relevant people, groups, department and companies.
- Experience of assisting other staff for improved and sustained delivery.
- To have a recognised professional qualification in civil engineering or acceptable proven technical ability.
- To have at least 5 years experience in the public or private sector to successfully operate at a junior or assistant civil engineering level.
This position will require site visits during varying weather conditions and timescales, a driving licence is therefore required, along with access to one's own vehicle or alternative transport arrangements to ensure speed of response.
This position will require the attendance of sites out of normal working hours and the attendance at Council and community meetings.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.