- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Transport Development Officer
Our client is looking for a Transport Development Officer to assist in their busy team on a contract basis starting soon
This role will benefit somebody looking to kickstart their career in Transport Planning.
- To provide technical advice and recommendations on behalf of the Highway Authority to the Planning Authority on the transport and highway implications of new development proposals and development control issues.
- To provide technical support to the Development and Transport Assessment Manager and other team members on development control and other issues, such as research and other operational issues as required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a varied caseload including written responses to the Planning Authority in reply to consultation on planning application.
- To advise planning case officers on transport and highway-related development control issues.
- Engage and negotiate to secure appropriate highway infrastructure improvements to mitigate the transport impact of new developments.
- Undertake site visits to assess local circumstances for planning applications associated with development proposals, to include taking measurements and dimensions enabling the role holder to write a well-informed response to the application.
- Register and monitor consultation responses to planning applications.
- Analyse data and documentation, and undertake research, to assist the decision making in planning applications and permissions
- Managing and coordinating responses to external enquiries by members of the public
- Maintaining financial records to enable compliance with finance regulations and guidance.
- Advise prospective applicants (or their representatives) and members of the public on the merits of planning applications and negotiate satisfactory outcomes by researching the issue or referring more complex cases.
- Knowledge of highway and transport legislation, policy and guidance that influences decisions made on planning applications for development.
- Hold, or be working towards, an appropriate qualification e.g. IHE professional certificate in Highway Development Control or NVQ3 in Transportation and Engineering and/or membership of a relevant professsional institute
Working conditions / environment:
- Mainly office environment
- Site visits if and when required (to live highways and construction sites)
- Communicating feedback to the general public.
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- 37 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
- £8 - £10ph PAYE (the rate is dependent on candidate experience)
How to Apply or for more Information:
- Call Ben Huxley directly on 01489898163
- Email your CV to email@example.com
- Apply directly via our website
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.