- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Graduate Structural Engineer
This is a great opportunity for a Graduate Structural Engineer to join a supportive medium size consultancy in central London working within a variety of building sectors.
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for our clients. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for a Graduate Structural Engineer. A suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided by our clients.
This team undertakes the following tasks:
- Design of structures, including large framed commercial, education, healthcare and residential projects ·
- Foundation design and assessment
- Refurbishment of existing and listed buildings
- Basement design
- Site appraisals and foundation strategies
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Revit
- Geotechnical and geoenvironmental appraisals
Relevant skills & experience
- An accredited MEng degree (or equivalent) recognized by the IStructE
- Design experience in all common building materials
- BIM experience would be an advantage
- An ability to deal with clients with minimal supervision
- An ability to represent the company professionally
- An ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone
- An ability to work within a team
- An ability to write clear and concise emails, letters and reports
- Experience in computer analysis and design software. Tekla, Masterseries and Tedds experience would be advantageous
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- Good commercial awareness
- You will also be fully supported in achieving CEng status.
A Graduate Structural Engineer will ordinarily undertake the following tasks·
- Assist and carry out structural design in steel, concrete, timber and masonry ·
- Liaise with clients, project team members and local authorities
- Co-ordinate projects and packages of work with minimal assistance
- Enhance and promote the image of the company by their actions
- Attend site and design team meetings
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.