- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Strategic Planning Manager
This role is to develop, report and hold to account the Client and Operational delivery teams in the delivery of the Annual Plan and Providers Plan.
The post holder will need to present against three key themes: - visibility, transparency and delivery.
This will involve working closely with the Client, our internal teams, stakeholders and our key Supply Chain Partners.
Manage and support team responsible for Planning, Programming and Permits.
- Ensure that project leads are updating programme regularly and accurately.
- Manage and ensure compliance with the agreed scheme programmes and project deadlines
- Manage the performance and development of a team in line with company and local business objectives.
- Responsibility for ensuring that the CEMAR and Insight Systems are reviewed and necessary actions are dealt to monitor and manage non-conformance to key project milestones.
- Produce build and prelim programmes, and evaluate programmes from delivery chain to manage expectations of the Client. This will be foremost in the development of the Annual Plan.
- Manage client relationships including third parties and supply chain.
- Explore innovative ways to deliver, through value engineering and initiative management
- Aim to utilise resources available within or subcontracted to other teams to ensure costs are shared for best outputs and productivity
- Provide leadership and direction for all activity in the Integrated Delivery Team including day to day management to ensure that contractual obligations are met
- Day to day interaction with Clients, Build Teams and other departments associated or linked with creating, constraining and managing the Programmes and Plans.
- Ensure all works are delivered in accordance with the Permit Scheme and Traffic Management Act.
- Ensure timesheets are correctly coded and submitted by all members of team ensuring time is allocated appropriately per live task order
- Performance Reviews of direct reports ensuring objectives meet Business Strategy.
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Management Systems.
- Liaison with client, stakeholders and third parties.
- Provide guidance to and mentoring to team members.
- Engage in Early Contractor Involvement with subcontractors.
- Ensure the build complies with health and safety regulations and CDM requirements.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of all schemes activities through Target Cost, ECI, build and handover.
- Planning responsibility for projects and quality of product delivered on the ground (time allowances).
- The ability to challenge existing programmes of work.
- Ability to engage and conduct effective negotiations with client, stakeholders, subcontractors and third parties
- To be an exemplar of corporate work ethic and core values.
- Ability to effectively plan, allocate and supervise staffing, plant and material resources against agreed PIs.
- Time management and prioritisation of work for self and team against changing demands of network needs.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal). Able to communicate clearly and appropriately within the company and represent the company.
- People skills to be able to motivate staff and handle basic staffing issues (personnel and training and discipline).
- An understanding of all commercial and financial requirements.
- A comprehensive understanding of highway maintenance and works.
- A detailed understanding of the NEC3 form of contract and its application within Highways Works.
- A detailed understanding of Health & Safety legislation.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in Project Planning in a highways maintenance and construction environment.
- At least 5yrs experience in leading a team.
- An understanding of all commercial and resource requirements
- A comprehensive understanding of highway maintenance and works including the Permit system, traffic order processes, bay suspensions and other statutory obligations that are required as part of project planning.
- Appropriate knowledge and application of Health and Safety legislation including Construction (Design & Management) Regulations and an appropriate level of understanding of the principles of safety and the ability to apply this in the workplace.
- Good general standard of literacy and numeracy. City and Guild, ONC or equivalent qualification relevant to highway engineering is desirable; HNC/HND Civil Engineering or equivalent preferable.
- Substantial experience of coordinating multiple works sites within an urban and rural environment.
- Current valid driving licence and use of a car unless the role can be carried out effectively by using alternative means of transport.
- Exceptional IT skills in relation to Planning software and platforms.
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project as a minimum.
- A comprehensive understanding of the Traffic Management Act and its application.
- Experience of budgetary management at operational level, including reporting of works progress detailing cost, value and turnover.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.