- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
This is a new opportunity for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join our client's growing team in Kent, working on a range of interesting geotechnical projects.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to continue developing their career in the geotechnical sector, and work on a range of interesting and exciting projects.
You will be involved in identifying needs and providing cost effective technical solutions to maintain or improve geotechnical assets to the standards agreed by the Network Board considering the needs of key stakeholders to the budget and programme agreed with the Schemes Delivery Team and where necessary the Asset Development Team.
Main responsibilities e.g. health & safety, professional, technical operation, managerial, administrative:
- To support monitoring of the performance of the geotechnical asset and identify areas of weakness.
- To understand the condition of the geotechnical asset and support identification of areas where improvements are needed.
- To support identification of schemes that need to be considered in the Four-Year Programme.
- To assist the Asset Development Team in completion of Phase 1B (Scheme Scoping) activities. Including, but not exclusive to; managing technical surveys and studies necessary to support the development of a scheme; identification of schemes with the works undertaken; defines problems; explains options considered; measures success; explains benefits; explains consequences of delaying or not undertaking schemes. Deliver outcomes agreed by the Network Board to programmes and budgets agreed with the Schemes Delivery Team.
- To assist the Schemes Delivery Team in completion of Phase 2A (Design - Pre-Construction Duties). Including but not exclusive to; completion of scheme design employing value engineering techniques to deliver the optimum design solution; mitigates risks; provides outline programme; consults with relevant authorities, stakeholders and other interested parties; prepares scheme information document, drawings and specification, schedules and other deliverables. Deliver the outcomes agreed by the Network Board to the programmes and budgets agreed with the Schemes Delivery Team.
- To provide professional and technical excellence in geotechnical engineering.
- To ensure designs are appropriate and meet the expected levels of technical excellence.
- Project Management Skills
- Competent in Geotechnical Engineering
- Understanding of H&S Requirements related to Geotechnical Engineering
- Broad knowledge of CDM and other H&S legislation
What is included:
- You will be provided with excellent development opportunities, providing you will a great plan for progression.
- You will be able to seek every opportunity to gain experience in and extend knowledge of geotechnical engineering with the aim of becoming chartered at the earliest opportunity.
- You will be working in a friendly and dynamic work environment, as well as working alongside a range of teams within the organisation, giving you great exposure to various areas of engineering.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.