- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Project Manager
Our innovative aerospace client in Bedfordshire that design, build & manufacture modifications (minor & major) for military & commercial aircraft have an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager.
- To successfully deliver assigned projects within the budget set, in the timescale and to the quality required of the scope and business needs.
- To maintain and grow customer relationships in order to encourage further business and to support the development of new business throughout the bid phase.
- To show leadership and be a professional role model for other PMs, including demonstration of a continuous improvement ethic.
- To support the financial health and growth targets of the business by working closely with the Management on resourcing, financial reporting and forecasting
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; supporting preparation of an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Leading teams to deliver projects within the budget set, in the timescale and to the quality required of the scope and business needs.
- Compile resourced project plans to feed into overall resource forecasting and management.
- Manage project resources, schedule and financials throughout the full project life cycle from bid to closure.
- Management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Support the strategic development of company project management processes as part of the continual improvement programme.
- Contribute to the forward management of the Company by offering suggestions and constructive actions to processes and results.
- Maintain relationships with other Business Groups to ensure effective communication.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed accurately.
- Ensure that Project purchasing and invoicing are up to date
- Ensure that Project schedules and project files are up to date
- Ensure that Project reporting is accurate
- To ensure the health and safety of all staff by observing Company policies and procedures and reporting any incidents as necessary.
- To attend any training courses / sessions as requested by management.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by management.
- Degree or equivalent preferred
- Prince2, APM or PMI qualifications preferred
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience in Project / Programme Management using leading methodologies and processes.
- Experience of managing multiple projects controlling critical success factors and criteria
- Knowledge of MS Project and MS Office
- Understand budgetary control and resource allocation procedures.
- Ability to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.