- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Procurement Manager Offset
Procurement Manager Offset - Barrow-in-Furness - 6 Months - £33.62/hr LTD/UMB. PAYE rates also available on request
The Procurement Manager Offset is responsible for developing collaboration between lines of business and the Indian Supply chain to optimise procurement opportunities with approved Indian suppliers for satisfying the requirements of Offset programme in India
- Responsible for developing Category strategies in conjunction with directors and Business Unit Leadership across the UK and the USA to facilitate the development of sourcing opportunities in India and then prosecuting the resulting procurements to enable delivery of offset credits.
- Responsible for ensuring that sourcing from India is in line with corporate governance policies
- The role will require close cooperation with the Indian based supply Chain team who will provide support in the form of local supplier management and capability development to ensure a high performing supply chain is maintained to each Line of Business
- The position will be based at WSUK, Barrow-in-Furness and the incumbent must be willing to travel overseas and in the UK as necessitated by the role.
- A broad understanding of developing sophisticated sourcing strategies in an aerospace/defence environment.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing offshore supply chains
- MCIPS accreditation is preferred
- Strong MS office toolset skills
- Proven experience in a Leadership Role
- Thorough understanding of Lean techniques and continuous improvement to support supplier assessment and capability gap analysis leading to supplier development/improvement initiatives
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.