- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
To be responsible for ensuring that an internal and external supply chain deliver a portfolio of high profile, complex capital and non-capital highway, public realm and parks projects.
Professional & Managerial
- Support clients through the provision of project management expertise to prepare documentation that defines project scope, cost, outputs and outcomes that inform Gateway 1 (business case) submission
- Prepare all key documentation that forms the project initiation document (PID):
- Project deliverables/outputs/outcomes in MoSCoW format
- Programme in MS Project specifying work breakdown structure, milestones and gateway reviews
- Resource plan in MS Project or MS Excel
- Roles & responsibilities (RACI) matrix
- Cost plan in MS Excel
- Budget requirement in Oracle
- Risk Register in JCAD
- Dependency/interface Register
- Stakeholder Management Plan
- Quality Management Plan & Acceptance Criteria
- Project tolerance and exception process
- Ensure, on a least a monthly basis, that all the above documentation remains accurate, triggering the change control process when tolerances on change are exceeded.
- Write monthly progress reports in an approved format that provide adequate financial and non-financial monitoring of each project.
- Be responsible for day to day identification and resolution (or escalation) of project issues and management of risks, supporting the management of project interdependencies. Prepare change control documentation when required.
- Prepare all documentation that informs Gateway 2 (delivery strategy) submission to Procurement Board and all Delegated Decisions.
- Procure and manage each project's internal and external supply chain, obtaining resource from across the division to ensure the necessary skills and expertise are applies, delegating tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Set up clear communication channels with all stakeholders for a given project, ensuring expectations are clearly managed.
- Prepare and present where applicable, all documentation that informs Gateway 2 (delivery strategy) submissions to Procurement Board, Asset Management Investment Groups and all Delegated Decisions
- Work with colleagues to develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Represent the division at all levels within and external to the Council and develop excellent professional relationships with service users based on the principles of partnership, co-operation and customer care. Proactively liaise with stakeholders, offering advice, assistance and support on complex matters.
- Deputise for the Neighbourhoods Programme Manager as required.
- Manage the project budget through a cost plan and ensure that budget monitoring and planning information is prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Procure each project's supply chain according to the Council policy. Write any necessary contracts and specifications all Be prepared to work occasionally at weekends and evenings to attend and present at stakeholder engagement events
- Be available to attend stakeholder meetings which may be out of normal working hours.Effectively schedule, co-ordinate and prioritise assigned work
- Work flexibly in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participate as required in multi-disciplinary cross-department and cross-organisational groups and task teams.
- Take responsibility, relevant to the post, for ensuring that Council statutes and government legislation is upheld. This includes, amongst others; Management Compliance Charter, Environmental Policy, Data Protection Act, Race Equality Action Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Health & Safety, Sustainable Construction and Recycling.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.