- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
CAD APPLICATIONS ENGINEER
The purpose of the job is facilitating the effective and efficient use of the company's CAD/CAM, CAE, Visualisation and PLM software tools across the business and throughout the complete life cycle of the product.
Support users on deployed Engineering solutions including:-
- Vis mockup
- BCT Compare
- Day to day trouble shooting of user's issues and problems including software, methods and procedures etc.
- Liaising with software suppliers to resolve issues.
- Checking software bug fixe status and validate effectivity of fix.
- Creating "How to guides" and best practise.
- Creating standard setups, templates, routines and wizards etc. to improve efficiency and reduce errors e Work with CAE Steering committee to help build on currently deployed Engineering solutions including helping develop interfaces with other existing and emerging business systems to improve overall company effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identifying process and/or capability improvements.
- Business case and requirements capture.
- Conducting trade studies and helping formulate solutions.
- Act as technical SME in any related purchasing activity to above.
- Planning implementation of approved changes.
- Developing and documenting bench marks and acceptance tests.
- Sourcing and deploying training to users.
- Support any new deployment and/or upgrade programme.
- Conduct voice of the customer review of new deployment or upgrade.
- Help to resolve new issues resulting from updates.
- Document lessons learned.
- Mentor and / or arrange mentoring for users after new deployment or upgrades
- Producing full audit of change and quality checks performed.
Champion the adoption of enterprise level end to end business standards, processes, technologies and best practice in line with strategic focus and business objectives.
Regular updates to stakeholders on progress toward meeting objectives including Key Performance Indicators, achievements and issues.
Produce and deliver presentations that convey the relevant issues in a clear and concise manner to both internal and external customers and suppliers at all levels.
Become the lead expert and PMI/Visualisation champion interfacing between Engineering and others cross-functionally for NX Design/Draughting/CAM best practice and disciplines towards 3D master methodologies for PMI.
Identifying and leading continual improvement with regard to MBA procedures.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.